Well-defined business processes that are properly tested, highly integrated and clearly documented can exponentially help businesses grow. That being said, one critical business process easily overlooked is the â??pre-flightâ? checklist for email marketing. The â??pre-flightâ? checklist will ensure all email messages are opened, read and responded to favorably by subscribers and targeted audiences.
Below is a â??pre-flightâ? checklist you can use as a guide before sending out email campaigns:
- Have goals been clearly defined?
- Are campaign logistics in place?
- Are tracking tools available?
- Has the list been segmented and reviewed for errors?
- Has the campaign content been reviewed?
- Does the message have a strong subject line?
- Has the email been properly designed?
- Has the message been tested through spam score?
- Has the message been tested in different email clients?
- Does the message comply with the CAN-SPAM Act?
- Has the correct time and day been chosen to send the campaign?