In a continued effort to inform viewers and prevent cybercrime the Webdoc is teaming up with the State Attorney to help you protect yourself from cyber criminals. In this series of videos, we will be sharing useful tips to prepare you to defend yourself and your personal information. We look forward to answering your questions and sharing the latest news on prevention tactics and what to do if you are hacked.
Ways to protect yourself from being a victim of fraud
- Keep your PIN numbers separate and secure
- Change passwords frequently
- Check financial recordsÂ regularly
- Monitor your credit report
- Don’t respond to unsolicitedÂ emails, especially if they areÂ requesting money and/orÂ personal information.
- Don’t use cash for products andÂ services without verifying theÂ validity of the company andÂ getting a proper receipt
- Don’t send money by wireÂ transfer to anyone you do notÂ know
- Destroy mail that containsÂ personal information
- Use caution when giving moneyÂ or personal information to aÂ person in a position of trust
- Check on elderly people thatÂ live alone
- A Fraudster will gain theirÂ victim’s trust and isolate themÂ from other people
- A Fraudster is intelligent, patientÂ and charismatic