Behind each of your beloved electronics is a tangled mess of cords and wires. Â We are consumed with clutter in our homes, at our offices, everywhere. Â I want to encourage you to clean up your cords and escape the wired prison with these 6 tips:
- Use bluetooth tech – now this will really cut back on your cords. Â Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as speakers, allow you to stream music from your smartphone without a cord or wire to connect.
- Use binder clips – for frequently used cords like your phone or laptop charger, clip to your desk with binder clips so they are easy to find and out of the way.
- Practice headphone management – there are plenty of tools to untangle your earphones. Â One cool device iCoil works with the headphones you already have. Â Simply insert your earphone wire into the iCoil and wind, removing excess slack and working as a convenient wire storage space.
- Scour Pinterest – Pinterest is a do-it-yourself gold mine. Â Chances are the online pinboard has a cord coiling technique thatâ??s right for you. Â Try searching keywords like â??organizationâ? and â??declutterâ?
- Drop the landline – yes maybe itâ??s time to cut the cord. Â Sure landlines come prepackaged with cable and internet, but how often are you really using this dinosaur?
- Try the PVC cord funnel system – use a simple PVC pipe to house unruly cables created by your entertainment center. Â Cord-taming products are also sold through IKEA and 3m.