Whenever someone asks Siri to find an â??XX business typeâ? near them, Siri automatically pulls up businesses with Yelp reviews attached. If you pull up apple maps and activate your tracking, you can view businesses in your area who all have Yelp reviews automatically attached. It simply cannot be ignored anymore. Yelp has major connections in the area of mobile and online reputation.
So what should you, as a business owner, do? Hereâ??s a checklist:
- Claim your page! This shows reviewers that youâ??re interested in their feedback and you are responsive. It also gives your company a little boost in the search engines.
- Fill out all the details of your business, just like you have on your website.
- Add photos. This adds a personal touch to the listing.
- Respond to reviews, negative AND positive. This keeps the â??Google Juiceâ? flowing.
- Run a check-in special and advertise it in your store. This will create more buzz about your business online.
- Get ACTIVE YELPERS to write reviews for you. If theyâ??re not active (more than one review), their review will most likely get filtered. You need to seek out people who make a habit of leaving reviews for businesses.
Following these guidelines, and identifying active yelpers will boost your business ratings as well as your SEO. Itâ??s very clear that itâ??s a new age of online reviews and Yelp has staked its claim at the top.