There are two distinctly different, yet very effective, online marketing processes:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Email Marketing
Read below to discover insight about how you can use these two processes to maximize results for your company.
Email Marketing = Push Technology
Email Marketing is a push technique of online marketing. It effectively delivers a company’s web site directly to the consumer’s inbox. There is no need for the consumer to search for your company—you find them and deliver your unique and specific marketing message directly to them!
Benefits of Email Marketing:
- YOU have a unique email campaign, created specifically for your company’s needs that are distinctive from your competition.
- YOU control the traffic to your company’s web site by scheduling the email campaigns.
- YOU will see a tremendous spike in traffic to your company’s website in conjunction with the email campaigns.
- YOU can be more cost effective. Email Marketing generally costs only 5 cents per email compared to over $1 to send a piece of postal mail.
- YOU won’t have consumers throw away your email, which 98% of direct mail recipients do with postal mail pieces.
- YOU are provided with in-depth reporting and analytics on each email campaign.
- YOU attain consumer information that you never had before! A clicker report gives you the following information on each consumer who clicked from the email campaign to your web site: name, address, city, state, zip code, and email address.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) = Pull Technology
Search Engine Marketing is a pull technique of online marketing. Customers are pulled to your company’s web site.
SEM finds customers who are searching for your service or product and brings those customers to you. SEM guarantees that your website meets the requirements of the major search engines (such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo) by following their guidelines; thus, the ranking of your website increases.
Consider these facts:
- 79% of people never go beyond the first page of their search engine results.
- Over 80% of people searching on Google click on the “free” or “organic” listings, as opposed to the paid or sponsored listings.
Your company can have a distinct advantage against your competitors by having first page ranking. SEM can give you that superior advantage over the competition.
A “paid” or “sponsored” listing is called Pay Per Click (PPC). A search engine web page consists of two parts: paid listings (also called sponsored links) and free listings. Sponsored links appear at the top and on the right side of the page. Those businesses listed as sponsored links pay the search engine. For example, on a Google search engine results page, a company pays Google for each time someone clicks on their sponsored link. A paid listing also gives a business the opportunity to show up on the first page by allowing them to bid for placement on the page.
Typically, a higher bid is awarded a higher placement on the page.
Push + Pull = Success
Search Engine Marketing PULLS customers to your company’s web site. Email Marketing PUSHES customers to your company’s web site. When used effectively together, SEM and Email Marketing are strong marketing processes that deliver results. You WILL see a significant increase in traffic to your company’s web site. You WILL experience an increase in inquiries, leads, and business.
PUSH and PULL customers to your website so you can generate more traffic, more leads, more customers, and more business. Cactus Sky can help strengthen your online marketing and produce better results for your company.